Relocating To Columbia County
Columbia County, Georgia is a thriving place to live, with a population growth of nearly 40 percent since the 2000 Census. Come see why everyone is moving to our neighborhoods!
- Employers: The county economy represents a diverse mix of government, medical, military, professional and light industrial jobs. We’re home to the central headquarters of world-class firms like John Deere, Club Car and Seta. The health care industry is the largest area employer, but other leading job-makers include Sitel Corporation, Shivers Trading & Operating Co, and Temple-Inland Forest Products. CNN Money magazine and U.S. News & World Report have both ranked Columbia County among the highest standards of living in the area.
- Homes: Over half of the housing stock in Columbia County has been built since 1990, so there is a great selection of new builds in master planned communities. These new estates have been built in classic architectural styles — on spacious lots, down quiet, tree-lined streets, with much green space preserved. The developers have made it their mission to preserve the Southern charm and culture, while providing buyers with all the modern amenities, features, and conveniences they desire. We can also show you some of the older, more historic properties as well if that type of home speaks to your love of antiquities.
- Schools: Columbia County schools are in the top 10 percent of the state’s 164 districts. SchoolDigger.com ranks all five high schools in Georgia’s top 20. The average SAT score of 1560 exceeded the national average. So families can feel comfortable moving to this prestigious school district.
- Recreation: Buyers are drawn to this area’s wonderful natural resources, which include miles of cycling and hiking trails, the historic Augusta Canal Heritage Area, Strom Thurmond Lake, Clarks Hill Lake, and plenty of disc golf parks. Fun annual events like the Laurel and Hardy Festival and Independence Day fireworks at Patriot’s Park are not to be missed!
- Awards: Columbia County has been the recipient of many nation awards, including: #32 “Best Places To Live” – Evans (CNN Money Magazine, 2005); #9 “Most Affordable Homes” – Evans (CNN, 2008); #25 “Most Affordable Homes” – Martinez (CNN, 2008); #19 “Best Places For Job Growth” – Columbia County (CNN, 2008); and “Ten Best Towns For Families” – Evans (Family Circle Magazine, 2009).
- More Resources: Click here to get info on Columbia County utilities, newspapers, health clinics, DMVs & more.
- More Resources: Click here to get the official Columbia County Resource Guide.
- Read more about why Columbia County, GA is “the place to be.”
- Contact us to discuss your big move!
Columbia County Information
Learn more about our area by clicking on each link below.
There are many decisions to make and tasks to carry out when you’re relocating somewhere new. It can seem overwhelming at times, so it helps to have a friend during the process. Avoid frustration and save time using our free resources. Simply email us a request for the complementary Easy Moves magazine, which contains helpful checklists and articles to facilitate an easy move from start to finish.
We can assist you with the following:
- Home repairs
- Home inspections
- Home warranties
- Home security systems
- Utility connections
- Change of address
- Moving services
- Pet boarding
- And more!